Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tuesday Night Workout Update

So today I was told by my friend/boss that I was to be in his study for the Masters Degree he is doing. Last week I helped him by taking all of his participants and spotting them while they all worked their way up to a Max squat. That is what I had to do today. I was nervous. Not going to lie because I really have never before maxed out my Squat before. So working with Tuesday Nights numbers, I figured/hoped that I would get at least 225 lbs (2 Plates) Well I had to squat with a different stance for this than I normally do when I train. The difference is a wider stance, and it helps tremendously. The problems I was having was wrist and shoulder issues from never having that sort of angle on the bar with that much weight. These issues definitely did not effect how much weight my legs could handle. We started @ 135 went to 155, 185, 205, 225, and finally 245. He stopped me there. Not too shabby for never really training a back squat into my training. Not only that but I only weigh about 170-180 lbs. I was impressed to say the least, but tonight is the real test. We will be adding weight to our max squat # (possibly bodyweight) and taking the bar to the very bottom of the squat and holding it and comparing it to our high jump (i like to jump high!) Going to teach KB then testing begins. Lets see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment